Making an sustainable ecommerce website for handmade golf putters
Working with the Cambium Putters team, we immediately identified that a more effective solution could be a better way to sell their beautiful, handmade golf putters.
That led to developing their simple yet impactful e-commerce website to display and sell these one-of-a-kind putters.
• To some, a golf putter is a very personal tool. Golfers hold on to their clubs for years, sometimes decades. To convince them to make a change would take creative branding and a well-thought-out conversion path.
• In addition, no one in the golf industry likes complexity. Keeping the website simple for their target audience was critical in all decisions surrounding the development of this site.
• As a green-focused industry, one of the missions was to highlight sustainability and the environmental connection between traditional clubs and Cambium’s superior (yet eco-friendly) products.
• Because some websites, especially product-focused eCommerce sites, can be difficult to update, it was paramount to the brand to ensure that their website was easy to update and add products as the business grew.
I’m very happy with the professional finish of my website. Everything functions excellently on it. Would definitely highly recommend.
• We held initial meetings to outline the specifications for the client. This would include the user flow, buyer conversion funnels, and the site’s effectiveness on both mobile and desktop devices.
• Next, we created wireframes based on the visitor flow and how consumers would expect to interact with the site.
•Meanwhile, we created new brand guidelines, including typography and colours, for the client to follow once our project concluded with them.
• To help ease the transition to the new platform and to give the client a head start on their marketing efforts, we build the website in phases.
• In addition, the client was involved throughout the build process. Not only did this help to keep them apprised of the site’s development, but it also allowed them to learn how to operate their new (and easier-to-use) website build.
• To expand upon existing marketing efforts, we held training sessions with the client, updating them on the process and targeted selling strategy evidenced throughout the site.
•We also held product photography sessions of the custom-made putters to ensure maximum product visibility throughout the website.
• This collaborative approach allowed the client to sell products online and reach a new audience. Now, their brand would be able to accurately showcase to their customers the build quality of Cambium Putters, highlight their eco-friendly nature, and showcase their effectiveness on the greens.
• To facilitate additional brand growth, we added a custom update to the front end to allow the client to continue showcasing their products in a striking yet industry-appropriate presentation.
• Using marketing best practices and thorough development cycles, we streamlined their pathway to sell and organise their products to encourage click-throughs and conversion rate increases.
Increased engagement thought website and social media
Information and education point for the business
A visible central location to show the latest offers
Throughout this process, our focus was on showcasing quality. Not only does a putter need to “feel” right, but it also needs to get the job done. Cambium Putters had a superior product design to not only turn heads but to provide the golfing enthusiast with an optimum experience on the green.
An eco-friendly approach solidified this partnership, and in the end, the client had exactly what they needed to showcase their products to both a new and existing customer base.
View our other work
In response to the monumental restoration of Big Ben, we were commissioned to design a landing page within a challenging 24-hour timeframe.
We embarked on an endeavour to design and build a new website for YPAC Manchester an organisation wholeheartedly dedicated to shaping the identity of young individuals.
This charity-run community and conference centre needed an updated website that enabled a diverse user base to find out more and access their services.